At Merch4Change we are committed to conducting our dealings in a manner which is ethical, socially responsible and sensitive to our environment. We aim to continue sustained growth by building long term relationships with customers, suppliers and staff based on mutual trust and honesty.
Merch4Change is committed to an Ethical Policy and pro-actively encourages our employees, suppliers and customers to commit to the same. Merch4Change expects all employees, volunteers and suppliers to abide by the following guidelines.
- Be honest and ethical in their conduct, including ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
- Comply with applicable government laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them by Merch4Change or its Customers except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose.
- Deal fairly with Merch4Change Customers, suppliers, competitors, volunteers, and employees.
- Provide information that is accurate, completely objective, relevant, timely, and understandable.
- Proactively promote ethical behavior as a responsible partner among peers in the work environment.
- Protect and ensure the proper use of company assets.
- None of our products are tested on animals and the company will not trade with companies whose products are tested on animals
Merch4Change is committed to provide a work environment that values diversity among employees. All Human Resource policies and activities are intended to create a respectful workplace where every individual has the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
Employees are provided opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability. These policies apply to both applicants and employees in all phases of employment including, recruiting, hiring, placement, training, development, transfer, promotion, demotion, performance reviews, compensation, benefits, and separation from employment.
We are dedicated to 100 percent Customer satisfaction. We are devoted to developing “Customer enthusiasm” and are passionate about exceeding Customer expectations. We dedicate ourselves to anticipating the changing needs of Customers and creating timely, innovative and superior programs, products, and services.
Merch4Change is adjacent to a recycling plant, and where possible, we recycle all of our waste, including paper, cardboard, bags, plastic ink and many other consumables.
We inform our customers that we do not individually bag our garments by default, in the interests of saving waste in the environment, although we will individually bag items free of charge (under the circumstances of our normal website prices) if our customers request it.
Our overseas suppliers are checked by a representative of Merch4Change on a regular basis to ensure that they do not breach our E&E policies. Our supplier is a member of the Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production organization. The certificate number is 8398.
Merch4Change is actively committed to working towards a fair living wage for our overseas workers and we are a prominent promoter of this policy within our industry.
Conflict of Interest
The underlying principle of “conflict of interest” is that employees and volunteers should avoid any activity, investment, or interest that might reflect unfavourably on the reputation of Merch4Change.
As representatives of Merch4Change , employees and volunteers are obligated to place the interest of the Merch4Change, in any transaction involving Merch4Change, ahead of any personal interest or personal gain, and to disclose all facts in any situation where a potential conflict of interest may arise.
Associations Property and Information
Employees are expected to protect and maintain confidentiality regarding Merch4Change property including cash, equipment, records, and employee and Customer information.